Frick’s Lock is an abandoned village that appears to date back as far as the 1700’s. Several houses along a single, closed road would be emptied in 1986 when the nuclear power plant across the river went online.
There are some who say that the residents were bought out by the power company. There are other stories that indicate people were given a 48-hour eviction notice. In either event, the property still belongs to the power company and trespassing is actively discouraged.