Partially Demolished

Caderette House

History: 

At one point in its history, this house was occupied by two brothers, Richard and Lionel Sabourin. They were successful milk producers with over 40 head of cattle. They were known to be fairly well off, and had privately mortgaged several other people.

St. Nicholas Coal Breaker

History: 

This coal breaker entered service in 1932 after the town, in which it was constructed, was largely relocated to make room for it. Some of the impressive statistics of this facility include 20 miles of railroad track, 3, 800 tons of steel, and 10,000 cubic yards of concrete combining to make this plant happen. When in operation, it took coal only 12 minutes to pass through the entire process, ready to be shipped.

Kanichee Mine

History: 

Exploratory mining on this property began before 1920. Among the minerals found here was copper, nickel, gold and silver. Between 1933 and 1936, a shaft would be sunk, and a pilot smelter constructed by Cuniptau Mines Ltd.