Nova Scotia

Stubbert's Point Battery

History: 

Constructed in 1939, Stubbert's Point Battery was part of the rather formidable defense network for the protection of Sydney, Nova Scotia. The battery was originally equipped with two 6-pounder Hotchkiss guns, but was later equipped with a 6-poinder duplex quick-firing gun. In addition, three search lights were constructed here to help guard the anti-submarine net that stretched across the harbour.